Thursday, July 16, 2009

Soaring Temps, Cool Inside

This is going to be a definite ramble, I can see it now. However, I don't mind rambling when its about writing. This time, I'm thinking about the story that is fleshing out before my eyes. I've gotten about 4.5k written. Later, once the skeleton is finished, I'll figure out where else its going and how to approach the rest of the writing.

Setting:

Female (Carradyne) trapped inside an underground laboratory and fit to kill, literally. She's in the mood to gain some vengeance from being used and abused. Orrick, Curacao, and Eldritch mounted an extraction triage and have managed to infiltrate a complex underground system of laboratory levels.

So far I've got two main characters:

female - Carradyne Vesuvius. She's trapped in a metallic box that effectively neutralizes any abilities -- telepathy, empathy, prescience?-- that she might possess. She has no clue how long she's been trapped. She's learnt a few things during her enforced immobility that isn't making her a happy camper.

male - Orrick Vestry. I don't know much about him. He's got wings, is not a dragon, but still a mystery to me. He's Carradyne's love interest right now, but who knows what'll happen in the future right?

On to the Secondary Characters:

female - Curacao. Other than coming off the villainess early in the story and is Carradyne's older sister, I don't know what her problem is. I'm hoping to learn more as time goes on. She may remain evil, or just rather pathetic and annoying.

male - Eldritch Hayden. Metal mage, specializing in creating cages to imprison dangerous creatures. Unfortunately, he's not real pleased at becoming the fall-boy for someone else's machinations. Nor did he intend his creations to be used for ill-intent. At one point he had, and still does, possess feelings for Carradyne, but is a real gentleman.

Who else might pop into the story mix, I'm not sure. This is what I've got so far :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi ;)
    Thank you for sharing. The characters sound interesting and the names are terrific. It makes me want to read further and find out what happens to imprisoned Carradyne Vesuvius.
    Love from Canada
    twitter.com/RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe Thanks!
    I'm learning as I'm going through the process. I'm about to follow up :)

    ReplyDelete